There are lots of things to enjoy, see and do in the Salcombe/Kingsbridge area. The market town of Kingsbridge sits at the top of the Salcombe/Kingsbridge estuary, and is only a ten minute walk away from High House Farm. There are plenty of shops selling local produce, a farmers’ market on the quay every other week throughout the year, restaurants, pubs and three-screen cinema. A swimming pool at Quayside Leisure Centre as well as squash courts and gym.
Salcombe and Dartmouth lay approx 7 miles from Kingsbridge. From Dartmouth you can enjoy boat trips up the river Dart or enjoy the Salcombe/Kingsbridge estuary with trips leaving Kingsbridge quay and arriving in Salcombe. From Salcombe you can visit the wonderful, sandy beaches, walk across to Bolt Head and enjoy a refreshing drink in the many pubs or a meal at the restaurants serving fresh, locally caught fish.
Rainy days needn’t spoil your stay, the city of Plymouth (aprox 20 miles) and city of Exeter (40 miles), are both within easy reach with excellent shopping and restaurants and indoor activities including The Aquarium in Plymouth and Crealy Adventure Park.
- The Eden Project »
- Dartmouth Steam Railway and Riverboat Company »
- Living Coasts »
- Woodlands Family Theme Park »
- Dartmouth Golf & Country Club »
- Overbecks Museum and Gardens »
- Mahabharat Balti House – Indian Restaurant/Take Away/Delivery – 01548 857072
- Café Asia – Chinese Restaurant/Take Away/Delivery – 01548 857888
- The Cod Father – Fish and Chip Restaurant/Take Away – 01548 853319
- A2B Taxis – 01548 854050
- Eco-Taxi ltd – 07811 385275